A compression utility may be required for these downloads (refer to the Site Help menu option screen left). Click on the relevant link to initiate the download:
- Guide to the Services of the CGS Analytical Laboratory
The aim of this guidebook is to inform prospective users of the Analytical Laboratory what analytical services are available, how to go about submitting samples for analysis and if necessary how to seek assistance when deciding what analyses are required to solve a problem.
- Downloadable Maps
- The SACS (South African Committee on Stratigraphy) desktop database.
- Geochronology and Isotope modelling software.
- Image database software for Zircon Geochronology.
- Normative mineralogy calculation software.
- Drilling - A Site Investigation and Exploration Tool.
- Direct Push Drilling - An Exposition.
- Airborne Geophysics - Aircraft and Equipment Specifications.
The official Prospectus of the Council for Geoscience is also available for download as an ISO image (~20Mb), which may be used to create an 'autorun' CD - available HERE.
Documentation available on this website is published in either Open Document Text format (ODT) or Portable Document format (PDF) except where otherwise noted, and may be compressed into an archived format for download. Click HERE for access to a list of suitable ODT, PDF and compression/archive utility software.