A prosperous and transformed society enabled by geoscience solutions.
1. The mission of the CGS is to contribute to a prosperous South Africa by:
2. Providing integrated, systematic and thematic maps and conducting research on the onshore and offshore geology of South Africa, as mandated, to:
Facilitate mineral, energy and agricultural development;
Contribute to the assessment and sustainable management of mineral, geohydrological and geo-environmental resources;
Support infrastructure development.
3. Acting as a national advisory authority on geo-environmental pollution.
4. Providing an information repository and delivery platform that facilitates actionable decisions and the accessibility of relevant information by relevant stakeholders.
5. Discharging the mandate in a manner that supports transformation and national developmental imperatives.
Innovation: Solving problems through novel ideas that create value for the stakeholders of the CGS.
Diversity: Promoting an inclusive culture that respects the contributions of the diverse people of the CGS.
Excellence: Striving for exceptional quality in all that the CGS does.
Accountability: Setting SMART targets with personal ownership and commitment to the achievement of the desired outcomes.
Learning: Creating a learning organisation through continuous personnel development.
Service: Providing efficient and effective services to all, consistently.